[Sigiii-l] Congratulations to Winners of the 2007 ASIST SIG III International Paper Contest

Muhammad Shafiq cyberarianpk at gmail.com
Tue May 22 01:11:08 EDT 2007

> Dear  Winners of the International Paper Contest *CONGRATULATIONS.* Keep
> it up please. Welcome to becoming a member of ASIS&T Family. Especially
> greetings to *Shampa Paul* and *Soumitra Sharma.*

I am going to attend SLA annual conference in Denver, USA. I will stay at
Denver from 1-8 June 2007. I will be pleased to meet you people if you are
going to attend the conference.

Cheers

*Muhammad Shafiq*

*SLA** Fellow*

*SLA** B&F International *Travel Awardee 2006

*ASIS**&T SIG III InfoShare Membership Awardee 2007*

* *

*Librarian,***

*Information Resource Centre,***

*Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan***

*M-Floor, NIC Building, 63-Jinnah Avenue, Islamabad***

*Tel: 92-51-920 70 91-94  xt. 190***

*Fax: 92-51-920 60 15***

*Mobile**: 92-333-521 61 65*
On 5/22/07, domole at worldbank.org <domole at worldbank.org> wrote:

It is my great pleasure to announce the results of the eighth International
> [...]
> Pradesh :
> A Comparative study."
>
> 5. Elsa Barber, Silvia Pisano, Sandra Romagnoli, Verónica Parsiale and
> Gabriela
> De Pedro y Carolina Gregui, Argentina.
> "User Interface of Web Opacs in Mercosur Member and Associate Countries."
>
> 6. Medha Joshi, India.
> "Digital resources for information accessibility at the point of care: an
> overview of Library Information System at Tata Memorial Hospital."
>
> The theme of this year?s contest was "Joining Research and Practice:
> Social
> Computing and Information Science."
>
> The principal authors of each of the six winning papers will be awarded a
> two-year individual membership to ASIST. In addition, the leading two
> winners,
> Shampa Paul and Soumitra Sharma will be awarded a minimum of $1,000 each
> attend the October 18-25, 2007 ASIST Annual Meeting, in Milwaukee,
> Wisconsin.
>
> These winning papers and other submitted papers for the competition will
> be
> considered for publication by Elsevier's International Information and
> Library
> Review, which is edited by Toni Carbo.
>
> Thanks to the generous donations from participants of the October 6 2006
> Kenya
> Embassy Fundraiser, Elsevier, and many of our previous organization and
> individual donors. Your efforts have enabled us to continue with this
> International Contest. Further fundraising effort is underway and we
> welcome
> donations as well as entries to the ongoing raffle to support the contest.
> Updates will be provided periodically as we get closer to the conference.
>
> Congratulations to the winners!
>
> The Contest Committee worked really hard in selecting the winning papers.
> The
> paper contest was organized by Julian Warner (Chair) and Judy Jeng
> (co-Chair).
>
> The judges were:
>
> Julian Warner, The Queen's University of Belfast, School of Management and
> Economics. Belfast, Northern Ireland.
> Judy Jeng, New Jersey City University, Congressman Frank J. Guarini
> Library,
> Jersey City, New Jersey, USA.
> Yin Zhang, Kent State University, School of Library and Information
> Science,
> Kent, Ohio, USA.
> Yunfei Du, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan.
>
> We thank the jury members for their selfless effort and our donors for
> their
> compassion which makes it possible to develop and sustain this
> international
> network of digital scholars and experts on digital libraries and
> information
> technology in developing countries.
>
> More information about the paper competition is available from the SIG III

Thanking You,

Muhammad Shafiq
DDH., DLSc. MLSc. MA Economics
SLA Fellow