[Sigiii-l] more panel submissions!

caj3 at uwm.edu caj3 at uwm.edu
Thu Feb 8 11:06:46 EST 2007

This is the list of panel submissions of which I have received word to date.
Now we have 9!  This looks great for our showing in Milwaukee!!

Information Behavior in Developing Countries
         Reactor – Michel Menou
         Dania Bilal, U. of Tennessee
         Johannes Britz, UW-Milwaukee
         Bharat Mehra, U. of Tennessee
         Lokman Meho, Indiana University

ICT-Mediated Diaspora Studies: New Directions in Immigrant Information
Behavior Research (co-sponsored by SIG-USE)
         Clara Chu, UCLA
         Karen Fisher, U Washington
         Ajit Pyati, UCLA
         Ramesh Srinivasan, UCLA
         Nadia Caidi, U Toronto

Crossing the digital divide with Charity, Public Goods or Business Models?
           Moderators: Sarah Webb, Syracuse; Ajit Pyati, UCLA
           Michel Menou, Somos at Telecentros
           Renee Kuriyan, Akshaya Project, Kerala; UC Berkeley
           One Child Per Laptop organizational representative
           Randy Stoecker, University of Wisconsin-Madison

International Perspectives in Open Government
        John C. Bertot - Florida State, moderator
        Nadia Caidi, U. of Toronto
        Terrence Maxwell
        Charles R. McClure, Florida State

Ideologies of Information Institutions: International Issues
        Hope Olson – UW-Milwaukee, moderator
        Thomas Haigh, UW-Milwaukee
        John V. Richardson, UCLA
        Maria Haigh, UW-Milwaukee
        Nadia Caidi, U. of Toronto
        Yadamasuren Borchuluuun, U. of Missouri
        Ulia Popova-Gosart,

Prospects and challenges of digitizing indigenous knowledge sources:
Perspectives from national and international projects
       John Agada – Emporia State, moderator
       Cecilia Salvatore, Emporia State
       John Gathegi, Florida State
       Guillermo Oyarce, U. of North Texas
       Daniel Alemneh, U. of North Texas
       Linus Ikpaahindi, National Library of Nigeria
       Dick Kawooya, UW-Milwaukee

North American Information Initiatives in Sub-Saharan Africa (NAIISA): Social
Computing Environments and Implications  (Technical Session)
        Kendra Albright, U. of Tennessee
        Johannes Britz, UW-Milwaukee
        Wallace Koehler, Valdosta State

5th Global Information Village Plaza – MySpace, OurSpace: Social Networking in
the International Arena
    Moderators:
    Aaron Bowen
    Amanda Wilson

E-reference in International and Multilingual Environments
       Brittany Lehman, Simmons, moderator
       Donna Dinberg, Library and Archives Canada
       Barbara Galik, Cullom-Davis Library, Bradley University
       Lili Luo, U. of North Carolina Chapel Hill
       Rafal Kasprowski, University of Houston Libraries