[Sigiii-l] panel proposals for ASIST 2007

caj3 at uwm.edu caj3 at uwm.edu
Tue Feb 6 18:02:56 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

This is a list of the panels proposed for this year's ASIST meeting.  I did not
get any other requests for co-sponsorships from other SIGs, so let me know if
you know of any.

We have six proposals submitted for the annual meeting and they all look great.

1. International Perspectives in Open Government
John C. Bertot - Florida State, moderator
Nadia Caidi, U. of Toronto
Terrence Maxwell
Charles R. McClure, Florida State

2. Ideologies of Information Institutions: International Issues
Hope Olson – UW-Milwaukee, moderator
Thomas Haigh, UW-Milwaukee
John V. Richardson, UCLA
Maria Haigh, UW-Milwaukee
Nadia Caidi, U. of Toronto
Yadamasuren Borchuluuun, U. of Missouri
Ulia Popova-Gosart, UCLA

3. Prospects and challenges of digitizing indigenous knowledge sources:
Perspectives from national and international projects
John Agada – Emporia State, moderator
Cecilia Salvatore, Emporia State
Johnn Gathegi, Florida State
Guillermo Oyarce, U. of North Texas
Daniel Alemneh, U. of North Texas
Linus Ikpaahindi, National Library of Nigeria
Dick Kawooya, UW-Milwaukee

4. North American Information Initiatives in Sub-Saharan Africa (NAIISA): Social
Computing Environments and Implications  (Technical Session)
Kendra Albright, U. of Tennessee
Johannes Britz, UW-Milwaukee
Wallace Koehler, Valdosta State

5. 5th Global Information Village Plaza – MySpace, OurSpace: Social Networking
in the International Arena
Moderators:
Aaron Bowen
Amanda Wilson

6. E-reference in International and Multilingual Environments
Brittany Lehman, Simmons, moderator
Donna Dinberg, Library and Archives Canada
Barbara Galik, Cullom-Davis Library, Bradley University
Lili Luo, U. of North Carolina Chapel Hill
Rafal Kasprowski, University of Houston Libraries

Kate