[Sigiii-l] Change in schedule for global Plaza

Aaron Bowen asb01 at u.washington.edu
Sun Oct 22 18:27:00 EDT 2006

Dear SIG III members and friends,

I just wanted to offer a quick correction concerning the Global Plaza.
It is still on November 7th, but has been moved to 3:30 PM from 5:00
PM.  I hope that time works for everyone and that you can all join us at
the Plaza.  As I'm sure you all know, the theme of the Plaza is trust
in information, a discussion of which we have begun on the SIG III Blog:

http://www.neasist.org/icisc/blog/

Thanks, and see you all in Austin!

Aaron Bowen
SIG III Blog administrator
Moderator, Global Information Village Plaza
asb01 at myuw.net

Nadia Caidi <nadia.caidi at utoronto.ca> wrote:

      Dear SIG III members and friends,

      The 2006 annual meeting of ASIST is upon us. We hope to see many
of you
      at the meeting. Please come to meet the SIG III officers at the
various
      events. We will be at the SIG Cabinet meeting, the Reception on
Sunday,
      at the SIG Rush, at the Alumni Reception, the International
Reception,
      the Awards luncheon, at the Global Plaza session, etc.

      Also pencil in the three sessions organized or co-organized by SIG
III:

      * Tue Nov 7, 1;45PM; Life After WSIS: Lessons Learned and
Implications
      for The Information Professions (in conjunction with SIG IFP).

      * Tue Nov 7, 5PM: 4th Global Information Village Plaza, Personal
and
      Professional Trust in Information in the 21st Century.

      * Wed Nov 8, 8:30AM: Information Realities of HIV/AIDS Information
in
      Sub-Saharan Africa: Barriers and Challenges to Information
Professionals
      (with SIG USE, MED, IFP, and CRIT).

      Finally, and as usual, there will be two business meetings of the
SIG
      III at the conference ( along with free pizza!). Even if (or
rather
      especially if) you are not a current SIG III officer, but you want
      get involved in our dynamic team, come to the meetings (details
below).
      Duncan Omole, our next year's Chair will be delighted to add you
to the
      roster of sig iii members.

      Attached to this email is the most recent draft of the agenda for
the
      SIG III meetings in Austin. FYI, two meetings will be held: one on
      Monday, November 6, 5-6:20pm, and the other on Tuesday, November
7,
      6:30-8pm. We will forward the location of the meetings as soon as
we get
      them.

      In the meantime, please take a look at the agenda. If there is
anything
      that you would like to add, please let us know asap.

      Also, fyi, here is a list of SIG III attendees for this annual
meeting.
      We note with regret the absence of so many longstanding members
and
      mentors: Sue Johnson, Michel Menou, Yin Zhang, Bahaa El Hadidy,
Norman
      Horrocks, Liwen vaughan and a few others. They will be sorely
missed.
      But we also have a great slate of dedicated officers present, so
we look
      forward to meeting you all there!

      2006 SIG III Officers in attendance:
      - Duncan Omole (Chair, 2006-2007)