[Sigiii-l] REMINDER ON ASIST FUNCTION AT THE KENYA EMBASSY: Its Tomorrow and You Can Still Donate Online Even if You can Not Attend. Please Support this Cause!!! Details Below.

domole at worldbank.org domole at worldbank.org
Thu Oct 5 10:30:16 EDT 2006

The American Society for Information Science and Technology Special Interest
Group on International Information Issues (ASIST SIG III) cordially reminds you
of its Friday fundraiser to support information professionals from developing
countries.

WHEN: October 6, 2006, 6-9pm
WHERE: Kenya Embassy in Washington DC [2249R Street NW]
TICKETS: $25 for pre-paid reservation
             $30 at the door.

There will be lots of wine, good food, African door prizes, African music and
the Ambassador will speak! Register, come with a friend. To donate online click
at online link under Registration; to fax/mail in your registration, print
registration form and send along with payment information. Monies raised are
used to pay for association membership dues, and conference travel grants for
information professionals from developing countries. We also help them to get
published.

Recipients qualify when they win an annual international paper contest. To date,
we have received 323 papers from 270 authors and paid membership dues for over
200 of these. Register or Donate today at
http://www.asist.org/SIG/SIGIII/fundraising/fundraiser/index.htm

For questions, please contact Duncan Omole Incoming ASIST SIG III Chair at
x30676. We appreciate your support!!!

Duncan.