[Sigiii-l] ASIST SIG-III InfoShare Membership Award – Final Call

Vika Kravchyna vika.kravchyna at arius3d.com
Mon Nov 20 10:50:13 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

The ASIST International Information Issues Special Interest Group (SIG
III) is pleased to announce that for 2007 we will be able to sponsor
another group of deserving information professionals from developing
countries for complimentary ASIST memberships (the financial burden
of which would otherwise be prohibitive).

We are soliciting nominations of candidates for the InfoShare
Membership Award.  Please send recommendations of deserving
candidates to Vika Kravchyna (vika.kravchyna at arius3d.com) Please
include a Curriculum Vitae (or equivalent) and a brief description of
why this person is deserving of membership, including their
willingness to promote ASIST within their networks. Awardees will be
decided by a vote of the SIG III officers at the end of 2006.

Each membership award will be for one year, with the possibility of
renewal for a second year if the new member proves to be a strong
advocate for ASIST in their home country during the course of the
year. Awardees will be asked to submit a report on their activities
by next year’s Annual Meeting, which may include, but are not limited
to:
- sharing ASIST publications that you receive (the Bulletin of ASIST
and JASIST) with other colleagues
- promoting the SIG-III paper contest among your colleagues
- serving as a contact/coordinator for ASIST members traveling to your
area who may be able to speak about ASIST and information science
- sponsoring lectures on information science topics in your area on
behalf of ASIST
We look forward to welcoming new members to ASIST from across the
globe, with your help.  Please start thinking about candidates among
your networks and send your nominations to Vika Kravchyna (vika.kravchyna at arius3d.com)

Deadline - December 15, 2006

Best wishes,

Vika Kravchyna