[Sigiii-l] ASIS&T SIG-III InfoShare Award - Call for Nominations

Caryn Anderson caryn.anderson at simmons.edu
Fri Aug 25 10:22:48 EDT 2006

** Please forgive duplicate postings **

Dear Colleagues,

The ASIS&T International Information Issues Special Interest Group
(SIG III) is pleased to announce that for 2007 we will be able to
sponsor another group of deserving information professionals from
developing countries for complimentary ASIS&T memberships (the
financial burden of which would otherwise be prohibitive).

We are soliciting nominations of candidates for the InfoShare
Membership Award.  Please send recommendations of deserving
candidates to Caryn Anderson (caryn.anderson at simmons.edu). Please
include a Curriculum Vitae (or equivalent) and a brief description of
why this person is deserving of membership, including their
willingness to promote ASIS&T within their networks. Awardees will be
decided by a vote of the SIG III officers at the end of 2006.

Each membership award will be for one year, with the possibility of
renewal for a second year if the new member proves to be a strong
advocate for ASIS&T in their home country during the course of the
year. Awardees will be asked to submit a report on their activities
by next year’s Annual Meeting, which may include, but are not limited
to:

- sharing ASIS&T publications that you receive (the Bulletin of ASIS&T
and JASIS&T) with other colleagues
- promoting the SIG-III paper contest among your colleagues
- serving as a contact/coordinator for ASIS&T members traveling to
your area who may be able to speak about ASIS&T and information
science
- sponsoring lectures on information science topics in your area on
behalf of ASIS&T

We look forward to welcoming new members to ASIS&T from across the
globe, with your help.  Please start thinking about candidates among
your networks and send your nominations to Caryn Anderson
(caryn.anderson at simmons.edu).

Thank you and best wishes for the upcoming months and we hope to see
you in Austin in November!

Caryn Anderson
Vika Kravchyna
InfoShare Program
SIG-III
ASIST

SIG-III Web site: http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/index.htm
InfoShare page: http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/index.htm

ASIS&T 2006 (Austin, TX: 3-8 November 2006):
http://www.asist.org/Conferences/AM06/index.html

ASIS&T 2007 (Milwaukee, WI: 18-25 October 2007):
http://www.asist.org/conferences.html (conferences page)

--
Caryn Anderson
Program Coordinator