[Sigiii-l] LIBRI - CALL FOR PAPERS

i.m.johnson at rgu.ac.uk i.m.johnson at rgu.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 04:45:43 EDT 2006

The editors of Libri: International Journal of Libraries and Information
Services are committed to bringing new information and ideas to our
readers as quickly as possible.  The search for excellent articles on
timely topics is always our most pressing concern.  Our streamlined
review process results in quicker responses from our referees to ensure
that we get papers into print quickly.

We are committed to raising the visibility and impact of papers
published in Libri.  Libri is already well established in the ISI Social
Science Citation Index.  Libri is now available online to subscribers,
and during 2006 we expect to offer a quarterly Table of Contents
notification service.  Issues go on open access 12 months after
publication, and a significant backfile of older issues has already been
digitised and made available at http://www.librijournal.org/.

Of course, Libri is well known for its review articles on the library
and information programmes of different countries, particularly in the
developing world, and we always enjoy receiving those articles.  But the
aim of Libri is to publish original articles on ALL aspects of libraries
and information services, and good scholarly papers on any topic and in
keeping Libri's traditional high standard of academic writing are always
welcome at any time.  Libri has the following specific objectives:
*	to examine the functions of libraries and information services,
from both a historical as well as a current perspective
*	to analyse the role of information in cultural, organisational,
national and international developments
*	to report on current trends in librarianship and information
work to follow the transformation of libraries and information services
resulting from the introduction of the new information technologies and
working methods
*	to improve the image and status of library and information
profession
*	to disseminate the results of original research in librarianship
and information science

In particular, we are interested in topics that address digital
libraries and the technologies that support them.

Libri publishes original articles of two types: full-length articles,
which should normally be around 5,000-7,000 words in length, and briefer
ones that are more report-like in nature on projects or research in
progress.  Exceptionally, longer articles (up to 10,000 words) may be
considered suitable.  Guidelines for authors may be found on our web
site.

Authors submitting a paper do so on the understanding that the work has
not been published before, is not being considered for publication
elsewhere and has been read and approved of by all its authors.

Prospective authors are encouraged to contact Libri as soon as possible
at libri at statsbiblioteket.dk  <mailto:libri at statsbiblioteket.dk> to
express their interests.
 THIS IS FOR A LETTER ON STANDARD A4 PAPER