[Sigiii-l] Public Access Computing Around the World Event

Deborah L Raftus draftus at u.washington.edu
Wed May 4 14:46:21 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I thought you would be interested in this upcoming event.  WebJunction, the "online community for library staff," is sponsoring an online discussion for the international community regarding public access computing.  The event will be held on May 10, 11, & 12.  Please see details below for more information.  The attached pdf has instructions for those who want to participate in the event.

I am forwarding this for a colleague, so I won't be much help answering questions regarding the event.  If you have questions, please contact:

Betha Gutsche
WebJunction Community Associate
206.273.7571

Thanks very much,

Deb Raftus
MLIS candidate, Information School
Co-chair, SIG-III student chapter
University of Washington
Seattle, WA, USA

***Public Access Computing Around the World Online Event at WebJunction***

-----------------------------------
Please excuse cross-posting
-----------------------------------

In conjunction with our Public Access Computing Around the World focus in May,
the WebJunction Community is proud to present an online event on the All Aboard
Discussions message boards.

The event will take place for three days on May 10, 11, & 12. We will open up a
new forum on the main page of All Aboard Discussions for this special theme and
in the anticipation of further conversation around this exciting topic. The
forum will be found at http://webjunction.org/forums/, or go to the WebJunction
Home page (http://webjunction.org ), click on "Community Center" and then "All
Aboard".

We have two guest facilitators to moderate our community discussion: Nancy
Bolt, Colorado State Library, American Bulgarian Library Exchange Project, and
Pilar Pacheco, Training Area Coordinator, BiblioRedes Project in Chile. The
goals of this event are to:
•	Open the door to the international library world
•	Learn some practical ideas from other countries
•	Give everyone a better appreciation for the challenges and successes of
public access computing

The event will be all the livelier if library staff from all over the globe
tune into this asynchronous discussion and offer their questions and comments.
Please spread the word to your international friends and associates. Everyone
is welcome to read the All Aboard forums. If you want to participate, you will
need to register, sign in, and post. There is a PDF document attached with
instructions for those who haven’t previously participated in a
WebJunction or other online forum.

As the BiblioRedes project says, “Abre Tu Mundo” –Open Your
World!