[Sigiii-l] Global Plaza - Special Issue of the Bulletin

Nadia Caidi nadia.caidi at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 9 14:37:48 EST 2005

Dear All,

Michel and I will be writing a special issue of the Bulletin of ASIST on
the Global Village Information Plaza experiment that has been taking
place for the last three years at the annual meeting of ASIST.
We are asking your collaboration in the form of input to get a sense of
your reactions, comments, suggestions, ideas, criticisms, etc.

Please take a few minutes and email us your reactions if you have either:

- attended some of the Plaza sessions. In which case, what did you think
of the format? the substance? the exchanges? the quality of the
dialogue? the diversity of perspectives? the issues raised?

- or if you followed the exchanges through the sig-iii mailing list
(either position statements or What-if questions): did they make you see
things in a different light? did you feel these to be biased toward
certain perspectives? did they not reflect your concerns or sentiments
at all? etc.

In other words, did you participate or attend in any of the Global
Plazas. If so, what did you like about them, and what didn't you like?
What functions did you feel it served? What functions would you have
liked it to fulfill? And why?

Any feedback will be much appreciated. Send your comments to
caidi at fis.utoronto.ca

Deadline is: February 21, 2005.

Cheers,
Nadia