[Sigiii-l] [Fwd: [egov4dev] Request for contributions for inventory of US activities for WSIS II]

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 19 10:33:19 EDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[egov4dev] Request for contributions for inventory of US
activities for WSIS II
Date: 	Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Raed M. Sharif <raedsharif at yahoo.com>
To: 	egov4dev at yahoogroups.com
CC: 	puhlir at nas.edu

Dear Colleagues,

I am working with the U.S. National Academies on compiling an inventory of U.S. public-sector scientific and technical (S&T) information related activities that, directly or indirectly, respond to the actions items proposed in the Agenda for Action of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS). The inventory will mainly consist of the U.S public-sector internationally focused projects, especially with developing countries.

We believe that having this inventory available online for researchers from both the U.S and developing countries will be of great value to enhance the current level of communication and cooperation.

The inventory will be launched a few weeks before WSIS II. I’ll send the link to the inventory as soon as it’s online.

In addition to the contacts I’ve made with U.S. government agencies, non-profit organizations, foundations and universities, I thought that it would be great if you can provide me with information about any relevant joint projects you are involved in or aware of.

Please take a look at our survey and provide me with any contact information for projects or people.

Click here to access our short survey: http://www.nap.edu/wsis/wsis_survey.html

For further information, please contact the project team, Paul Uhlir at puhlir at nas.edu or Raed Sharif at rsharif at nas.edu.

Thanks in advance for your contribution, and we appreciate your cooperation.

Raed M. Sharif, MBA
Science and Technology Policy Graduate Fellow
Board on International Scientific Organizations (BISO)
Policy and Global Affairs Division
500 5th Street, NW.Washington, DC  20001
Phone:  202 334 2638   Fax: 202 334 2231
E-mail: rsharif at nas.edu  , www.national-academies.org/biso

">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Wanadoo vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.

Dr. Michel J. Menou
Consultant in ICT policies and Knowledge & Information Management
Adviser of Somos at Telecentros board http://www.tele-centros.org
Member of the founding steering committee of
Telecenters of the Americas Partnership http://www.tele-centers.net/
B.P. 15
49350 Les Rosiers sur Loire, France
Email: Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr