[Sigiii-l] Fwd: [Sigkm-l] UA/Cuba KM Program November 17-21 2003

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 25 05:20:22 EDT 2003

This is a forwarded message
From: S.Michael Malinconico <mmalinco at slis.ua.edu>
To: SIG KM ASIST <sigkm-l at asis.org>
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2003, 12:32:05 AM
Subject: [Sigkm-l] UA/Cuba KM Program November 17-21 2003

The University of Alabama will sponsor a joint program with scholars,
information scientists, artists and educators from Cuba, THE
ALABAMA-CUBA CONFERENCE, 17-21 November 2003 (http://www.cuba.ua.edu/)

As part of that program the University of Alabama School of Library and
Information Studies will host a program on knowledge management.

JOINT UA/CUBA KM RESEARCH INITIATIVES FORUM

A program on knowledge management will be part of the University of
Alabama's Cuba Week program.  The University has invited the Director
General of the Cuban "Instituto de Información Científica y Tecnológica
(IDICT)" (http://www.idict.cu/), Eduardo Orozco, and an IDICT research
scientist, Enrique Suarez, to participate in this program.  A copy of
the original proposal can be found at,
http://webapp.slis.ua.edu/SMMWeb/CubaKMProgram/.

Both of the individuals who have been invited are actively engaged in
knowledge management programs at IDICT.  In addition, Mr. Suarez planned
and organized the conference track on KM of a conference that was held
in Havana in April 2002 and which is to be repeated in April 2004.  Mr.
Orozco is the coordinator of INFO 2004 (http://www.congreso-info.cu/)and
Mr. Suarez is again coordinating the sessions on KM.

The IDICT representatives will describe the KM programs in which they
are engaged.  In addition, time has been allotted in the program for our
Cuban guests to meet with interested colleagues from The University of
Alabama and from other institutions in the US to explore possibilities
for joint UA/Cuban research efforts in knowledge management and to plan
a UA/Cuba KM conference to be held both at Tuscaloosa and in Havana.  I
would like to invite you to participate in the Cuba Week program and in
particular to participate in the forum to explore possible joint
research efforts and the planning of a joint KM conference.  Online
registration forms can be found at the UA Cuba Week program Web site,
http://www.cuba.ua.edu/cubaweek.html.  If you do plan to participate in
the KM forum, please let me know at mmalinco at slis.ua.edu.

If you are not interested, but know of someone else who might, I would
be grateful to you if you could give me his or her name and contact
information or forward this message to him or to her.

Thank you very much for you kind attention to this request.

--
S.Michael Malinconico
School of Library and Information Studies

Tel:  +1(205)348-8824
Fax:  +1(205)348-3746

"But to live outside the law you must be honest."  R.Zimmerman