[Sigifp-l] Annual Meeting Business Meeting Minutes and more!

Brandi Loveday blloveday at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 19:29:09 EST 2013

*Annual Meeting Recap for SIG IFP*
This year’s annual meeting was still small compared to our actual listed
membership (90+), but those in attendance had some great ideas for us to
pursue this year. I would like to thank those attendees for coming in with
their passion and ideas for this SIG. Your dedication and drive can help
propel us onward to a greater involvement in ASIS&T as a whole.

*2013-2014 Officers*
First: Please congratulate the following folks on being elected to the
Officer positions within the SIG! Visit the SIG page on ASIS&T's website
for contact information for officers.
-Kristene Unsworth, Associate Professor from Drexel University is the Chair
for 2013-2014.
-Nadia Caidi, Associate Professor from the University of Toronto is
Co-Chair for 2013-2014.
-Melissa Hunt-Glickman, Ph.D. candidate from San Jose University is the
Treasurer for 2013-2014.
-Brandi Loveday, M.S.I.S. from State University of NY at Albany is the Past
Chair, and Social Media Officer for 2013-2014.

*Planning for 2014: *"Connecting Collections, Cultures, and Communities"
http://www.asis.org/asist2014/

SIG IFP is looking to create a proposal for a 4 hour workshop for the next
Annual Meeting being held in Seattle, Washington! “Creating safer
communities through information policy” is our current idea for the
workshop. If you have ideas for speakers and topics for inclusion, please
email Brandi at BLLOVEDAY at gmail.com. Please make sure your subject reads
“Annual Meeting 2014 Workshop Proposal.”

We are also looking for 2-4 panel ideas for the meeting as well. We would
like to sponsor panels on topics such as intellectual property (copyright,
first sale doctrine, DRM, etc…), intellectual freedom (freedom of speech
and press), information privacy/security, ethics, and the creation of
information infrastructure in developing countries.

If you are interested in these panels, or have other ideas you would like
SIG IFP to sponsor/co-sponsor, please contact any of the officers with a
comprehensive description of your idea as well as at least 3 presenters to
be included in the panel. Please note that ASIS&T does have guidelines for
panel submissions and you can find information for that here: http://www.
asis.org/asist2014/

*Collaborating with other SIGs:* Building a closer information science
community within ASIS&T

Keep an eye out for information regarding a co-sponsored webinar with SIG
ED on “How to Effectively Teach Information Policy.” We are very excited
about working with the other SIGs of ASIS&T to build a closer, more
collaborative environment for members.

In line with building a closer community within ASIS&T, we want to hear
from YOU, our members. Stay tuned for a survey rolling out in the next
month. As officers, we need to know what we can do to help you, the
members, become more involved and more passionate about this SIG. Your
participation is what drives this group! We want to hear from you on what
you are looking for, what you expect from this group, and how YOU can help
it become a vibrant, influential entity within ASIS&T.

If you are not currently a member of SIG IFP and are receiving this email,
please ensure that you sign on as a member.

We look forward to a productive and exciting year ahead!

*Brandi Loveday*

*Social Media Officer, SIG IFP*

blloveday at gmail.com