[Sigifp-l] Taking e-Government Too Far, Too Fast?

John Gathegi jgathegi at mailer.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 9 09:45:32 EDT 2005

FEMA has an online application for aid to citizens in need. The
following are excerpts from the Q&A:

Does the online application require Internet Explorer?
Yes and no.
Currently to complete your application online you must be using
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6.0 or above. We are in the process of
modifying the application so that it will be available to additional
browsers.

If you do not have Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, you may still be
able to check the status of your application and update your information
online once you have registered by phone.

If I do not have a computer at home, how can I apply using the Internet?
You can apply online from any computer that uses Microsoft Internet
Explorer 6.0 for access to the internet. If you don't have a home
computer, you can check with your local library, community center, or
family/friends for an available computer to access the internet.

Can I print the electronic registration form, complete it, and mail it
to FEMA?
     No. We do not accept any registrations through the mail.

http://www.fema.gov/register.shtm