[Sigia-l] Functional Decoration: visual cues for wayfinding

Lispi, Tess A tess.a.lispi at bankofamerica.com
Fri Mar 8 14:28:50 EST 2013

Paolo,
In my mind it would be a combination of all of them, I don't think you can separate them out and say that all individuals will key in on color first, etc. It is all of them, colour, size, position, icon and it depends on the person (their background, culture, etc.), their current mindset (panic, rushed, etc.) what language they speak (or don't speak), etc.

Take a trip to an airport or trains station that you are unfamiliar with. Pay attention to your experience and how others are experiencing it. People watch. :) Take notes. That exercise may help.