[Sigia-l] [JOB] Senior Visual Designer to 150k - New York City

OSJ opensourcestaffing at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 10:05:09 EDT 2013

This is a full time, on-site, salaried Senior Visual Designer position
located in New York City paying to 150,000 per year depending on experience
+ benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only
please. Local candidates strongly preferred. Full job/client details shared
with qualified applicants.

Our client's mission is to connect the best the world has to offer with
discerning individuals from around the world. We are a discovery shopping
destination for curated lifestyle products that span design, technology,
fashion, media, food, beauty and travel. Our company philosophy is to help
consumers and employees "upgrade your life" by connecting designers, brands
and publishers to individuals seeking to live their life to the fullest.

We're looking for a Visual Designer who will collaborate with us to drive
the Visual Design of our online retail and marketing presence - for our
discerning, luxury-minded customers. Your role would include systematically
evolving our UI look-and-feel to establish on-brand, emotional and
functional connections with customers. You should be able to conceive
immersive, persuasive luxury Visual Design that is as elevated in luxury as
it is emotive in refinement, and spare in clutter. You will take a central
role in forming the brand's visual expression scaled over all media
channels.

Responsibilities:
* Learn and instill our brand and value proposition, in its current visual
manifestation, and contribute to its rapid evolution
* Collaborate with multiple practices, like our Merchandising, Product, Tech
and UX team members, to synthesize requirements, and develop Visual Design
explorations for discussion and refinement
* Collaborate with our Marketing team to coordinate designs and manage
internal production of all social media assets. (i.e. digital advertising
including, emails, online banners, web ads, and special projects)
* Work independently and jump on opportunities as they present themselves
through social media for brand exposure, and customer service, etc
* You should be comfortable adapting to changing demands, and willing to
learn new skills to make your contribution more awesome
* You should communicate openly, transparently and do so with optimism
* You should be alright with occasional weekend and after-hours work, like
when we're launching a new feature or marketing campaign

Requirements:
* 4+ years of brand, e-comm or agency experience in graphic design
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
* Deep understanding of social media and community platforms a plus
* Knowledge of Omnigraffle, DropBox, and other collaboration tools, a plus
* Excellent writing/editing skills a plus
* Familiarity with Content Management Systems, specifically Django a plus
* The ideal candidate must also be able to work in a collaborative team
environment (including 2 other designers), be self-motivated, highly
attentive to detail, able to prioritize assignments, and willing to forge
strong relationships

If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume, portfolio and
salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com

Thank you,
Beauregard Gould
opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
http://osjobs.wordpress.com