[Sigia-l] Tuftean dataviz expert required - London UK, perm. position

Jonathan Baker-Bates jonathan at bakerbates.com
Tue Aug 14 10:07:59 EDT 2012

Hello everyone - I know you're listening just in case another huge great
argument kicks off, but this is just a job posting... although it's a UX
job with a difference!

Here at hotels.com, we have:

600,000+ hotels
1700+ Destinations
73 Points of Sale (and counting)
2 CEO’s, 10 VP’s, 30 Senior Directors, 5 Marketing Teams, 2 Product
Development Teams ...

We have spend 3 years collecting, massaging and investing in our data set,
and we are now ready to start building a set of visualizations, dashboards
and ad-hoc statistical graphics that turn all this data into information.
Information that can be used across the business to drive change and
decisions.

Do you want to be part of a team who are serious about (very, very big)
data? Do you have ideas and skills to work across multiple stakeholders to
understand them and their needs, and to conceptualize and design graphical
solutions to help them become information wealthy? This isn't a matter of
wrangling some cookie-cutter graphs and stupid pie charts, it's channelling
the very spirit of Edward Tufte and Stephen Few right into the heart of one
of the most data-led (and let's face it, monstrously lucrative) ecommerce
operations in the world!

You should be hands-on, able own a project from start to end, enjoy working
with all types of people, understand data and its complexities (although
there's a team of analysts to help), and deliver a quality product in an
iterative, enterprising and fast paced environment.

We offer the opportunity for you to work with cutting-edge new and existing
technologies, and look forward to you bringing your own opinions and ideas
to the table.

Hotels.com is part of the Expedia group of companies based in Angel,
Islington. This is a permanent position for which overseas relocation
options are available for the right candidate.

Please let me know if you're interested and I can tell you more about this
exciting position.

Jonathan