[Sigia-l] Shopping Basket

chris chris.madrone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 13:52:24 EST 2011

I tend to consider modal overlays as a nice usability embellishment, but I wouldn't rely upon them for critical information unless the application had be thoroughly tested on target browsers, platforms and devices.  In particular, I would guess that it would impact purchases people might like to make on their handheld devices.

You might take a look at the analytics to compare mobile traffic to mobile conversions.

Also,  A:B testing that would likely give you some good information as well.

hth
chris