[Sigia-l] Shopping Basket

Louise Hewitt louise.hewitt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:09:51 EST 2011

For all those waiting with baited breath... (come on, you know you are)... here's an update on the shopping cart situation. (see below)

After pulling the cart (we're all here on non-disclosure promises right :D) we've got an flow:

add to cart  >  [tooltip link]  >  go to checkout
header cart icon state change [no.of items]
[header icon tooltip link]
go to checkout.

By careful specification of the messaging in these, and insistence on cookie behaviour, the experience is meh but not OMG!

We've been promised that the cart will return next release!

This whole thing has brought up several issues that are rattling round the IA/UX world right now. I've mused on them in a new blog post (too many words for here) but I'd love to hear your responses if you have any
http://louisehewittsandbox.blogspot.com/2011/02/mitigate-and-move-on.html

Lou.