No subject

Tue Dec 6 21:10:36 EST 2011

My previous phone (Motorola Accompli*) only presented the mobile
classified numbers.  My current one (Ericsson T68) presents all of them.
To me, this is incredibly annoying.  I'm well aware that I can't send an
SMS to a landline, but that hasn't prevented me from accidentally
selecting a friend's home phone rather than their mobile.  Each time, I've
wished they didn't have to show me that option.  It's only there to help
me make mistakes! :)

The Motorola used my own classification of mobile/home/work as stored in
the phone book.  (Actually, it duplicated the mobile number as a separate
SMS entry and then presented specific SMS numbers.  I bought it in Asia, I
don't know if that was down to local differences in services).

However, I'm fairly sure that the phone before that (Nokia 3210) also
presented only the mobile numbers.  This had only the most basic address
book functionality (no number classification), so I'm not sure how they
handled this.  I don't think either phone was using number format, as I
was perfectly able to send SMSes to friends' mobiles elsewhere in Europe,
where formats varyAnyone know?

Good luck,
Claire Rowland

*UK model numbers, sorry don't know US equivalents!