[Sigia-l] Who can mentor a UX pro that's already a director?

Chris Pallé chrispy at chrispalle.com
Fri May 21 17:53:52 EDT 2010

First let me say, I know how you feel, but if you have the time, perhaps
*you* should find someone to mentor. :-)

Mentors get as much out of the relationship as the protegé. It might be that
you have a lot to offer someone who's just starting out and it's them who
can give you that freshness for which your looking. Sometimes pouring into
someone else is more rewarding. There's a number of places to find
mentor/protegé matchmaking including IxDA (
http://www.ixda.org/about/participate/be-mentor ), IAI (
http://iainstitute.org/en/members/mentoring/mentoring_program.php)

This actually just got me off my rear to sign up myself. :-)

HTH,

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Jayson Elliot <jayson.elliot at gmail.com>wrote:

> This may be an unusual question, or it may not be.
>
> I'm a UX director, have been working in the field of interactive design
> since the mid-'90s and as an IA since 1998. I feel like I'm starting to hit
> a ceiling in terms of professional growth.
> As the most senior UX person in my company, there's no one I can turn to in
> the agency to help me grow.
>
> Is there anyone who is at a place in their career where they feel they
> could
> provide some peer mentorship? Or perhaps someone who would just like to
> give
> some one-on-one advice?
>
> Please drop me a line directly if you're interested. Thanks!
> ------------
> 2011  IA Summit
> March 30 - April 3, 2011
> Pre Conference Seminars: March 30-31