[Sigia-l] [Event] Rights Management Taxonomy - A Key to Digital Content Value - Taxonomy Community of Practice Webinar

Sachie Hayashi sachie at earley.com
Thu Jul 8 09:57:40 EDT 2010

Hello,
Presented by Earley & Associates. Join us July 14 for Rights Management Taxonomy - A Key to Digital Content Value

Date:  Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Time:  1:00 - 2:00 Eastern Time
Cost:  $50

Register: http://www.earley.com/webinars/digital-asset-management/rights-management-taxonomy-key-digital-content-value

This session features Bill Rosenblatt of GiantSteps Media Strategies and Gordon Castle of Earley & Associates.

Session Description
The need to repurpose content through multiple digital channels gives rise to the need to track and manage rights.  It's no longer sufficient to treat content rights as the legal department's problem or to confine rights information to a spreadsheet or desktop database.  At the same time, rights information management is no longer just a back-office overhead process: done right, it's a way to enable new revenue opportunities through content while minimizing legal risk as well as administrative costs.

In this informative session we will explore the changes in the digital media supply chain and expose the challenges and issues around systematic rights information management.  Using parallels from digital asset management, we will offer approaches to building structured rights information and show how they can add increasing value within a fragmented distribution environment.   We will also note key industry initiatives illustrating the way leading media companies are approaching the issue.

Register: http://www.earley.com/webinars/digital-asset-management/rights-management-taxonomy-key-digital-content-value

Best Regards- Sachie

Sachie Kelly Hayashi
EARLEY & ASSOCIATES, Inc.