[Sigia-l] Anyone suggest a better global list?

Jonathan Baker-Bates jonathan at bakerbates.com
Wed Dec 29 13:03:18 EST 2010

On 29 December 2010 12:50, Louise Hewitt <louise.hewitt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Fed up with this list (after 10 years, it's a bit sad) being nowt more than
> Job posting and event promotion.
>
> Anyone recommend an alternative UX/IA global list so I don't get stuck in a
> local silo.

I was going to suggest IxDA, but it's having similar issues with itself:

http://goo.gl/vMtst

http://goo.gl/fTyb0

One thing that occurs to me about the "death" of SIGIA-l is that the list
server is set to reply to sender by default. At least, I've only just
noticed, having had to adjust the "To:" field for this reply. Has that
always been the case? I've had some spirited debates with people here, but I
think in some cases I've done it off list without realising it (no wonder
nobody was joining in!).

It can't be that simple, can it?