[Sigia-l] (Event) Developing an Ontology - November 4th Taxonomy Community of Practice Call

Rebecca Allen rebecca at earley.com
Fri Oct 30 11:23:05 EDT 2009

Invitation
Please join us for our monthly Taxonomy Community of Practice Call, presented by Earley & Associates. This month's topic is Developing an Ontology.

Date:  Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Time:  1:00 - 2:00 Eastern Time
Cost:  $50

Free preview: http://www.slideshare.net/Earley/developing-an-ontology-november-4th-taxonomy-cop
To register, visit: http://www.earley.com/webinars/developing-ontology

An ontology is both a flexible and exciting way to organize information. In this session, we will discuss such issues as bridging concepts amongst taxonomy, thesauri, and ontology, the details of ontology representation in RDF/OWL, implementing ontologies within systems, and use cases for how ontologies are being used for systems integration and vocabulary mapping.

Hear Christine Connors of TriviumRLG and Irene Polikoff of TopQuadrant discuss moving from building taxonomies to ontologies, ways in which ontologies provide greater power in information access, and best practices for applications.

Fall Jumpstart Series
We recently finished our 4-part Fall Jumpstart series on optimizing business processes through effective content management. With a focus on case studies from the insurance industry, content management and industry experts addressed how to gain competitive advantage by leveraging new developments in ECM technologies.

Additional background readings and session recordings are available at: http://www.earley.com/webinars/jumpstarts/insurance-and-content-management

Thank you,

Rebecca Allen
Taxonomy Consultant