[Sigia-l] I love the IA Summit because...

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Mon Mar 30 15:30:16 EDT 2009

At the end of the IA Summit I asked people to finish this sentence:

  I love the IA Summit because...

I asked people to write their answer on some paper, hold it up, take
a picture, and post it to Flickr. Like twitter, but richer:

  message + paper + hands + faces = community

Great responses. And Jen assembled some into a video.

  Photos (PLEASE (re)tag iasummitlove)
  http://tinyurl.com/cz994a
  http://tinyurl.com/ceqd8l

  The video
  http://www.theimagelab.com/blog/2009/03/30/i-love-the-ia-summit/

Can we take this further? Can we express something fundamental about
the Summit, this field, and our continuing evolution?

Here's the idea:

 * Find paper and a pen
 * Finish this sentence: I Love the IA Summit because...
 * Hold it up and take a picture (make it readable)
 * Post it to flickr
 * Tag it iasummitlove

Maybe someone can build on Jen's video. Can we mashup these messages
in a compelling way?

Mike Wesch closed his keynote with a video of people writing
inspiring messages on their hands and holding it up to the screen.
We won't generate that kind of broad emotional power. But maybe can
communicate some elemental idea about the pleasures of the Summit
and working in this field....

   http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z-BzXpOch-E

--
Karl Fast