[Sigia-l] JOB: Senior Interaction Architect; Vancouver, BC; Full Time

Adrian Chong chongadrian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:58:59 EDT 2009

This person will help to define process and shape the practice moving forward.

If you want more information about this specific role and life at
Blast give me an email: chongadrian at gmail.com
If you wish to apply send an email to: careers at blastradius.com

Sr. Interaction Architect

When it comes to engaging customers we believe something magical
happens when companies move from product-flogger to consumer ally.
Social networks are information highways and Blast Radius is in the
fast lane.  We understand it, we love it, and we believe it, which
allows us to help our clients engage their customers more effectively.

Position Objective:

We have an opening in our Yaletown office for a Senior Interaction
Architect which we define as:  One who is passionate about aesthetic
beauty coupled with interactive journeys and information taxonomies
that are meaningful to a target audience. More simply put, a
facilitator who guides us from point A to point B.  The complexity
comes with the ability to optimize the experience of the user’s
journey, as well as the psychological aspects to layout and interface
controls.  Our Experience Design team is looking for a passionate,
creative and process oriented Sr. Interaction Architect to work
closely with Creative Directors, Business Analysts and other Design
and Usability professionals.
Responsibilities:

-Contribute to the development of personas
-Work collaboratively with creative, technical and business analysis
team members, both internal and external
-Research competitors to establish benchmarks
-Articulate creative, user-centric, interactive solutions through
workflows, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
-Maintain and develop high standards of Interaction Architect documentation
-Support Interaction Architect design throughout lifecycle of projects
-Apply you detailed knowledge of Usability best practices
-Create interactive journeys that account for different users, various
abilities and multiple circumstances
-Get involved in prospective client pitch efforts
-Mentor and train junior members of the team
-Estimating projected hours required to complete tasks
-Meet deadlines in a fast paced environment

Skills and Experience:

-At least 5-7 years experience in Internet and/or software UI design
and/or architecture along with some project management experience
-A related degree such as Interactive Arts, Communication Planning and
Design, Architecture and/or Library Science
-Detailed knowledge of Usability best practices
-The ability to conceptualize the abstract and manufacture the
concrete to explain it
-An understanding of software such as Visio and/or Photoshop for
creating site maps, wireframes and user flows
-A strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and
analytical skills
-The ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively
to a broad range of people: designers, executives, business
development and technical staff
-Know how to conceptualize abstract ideas and manufacture real-world solutions
-Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment required.

Attributes:

-A passion for understanding people and interaction
-Ability to come up with solutions on the fly
-Creative and open minded
-Flexible
-Highly organized
-Confident and assertive in communicating with others
-Willingness to participate in global or local Interaction Architect
community groups
-A desire to continually learn and share
-Embrace challenges
-Have a sense of humor  (optional, but we’d really appreciate it.)

--
Adrian Chong
www.adrianchong.com/blog