[Sigia-l] Contract: Content Stratagist-NYC

Laura Hunter laura.hunter at vividresources.com
Wed Mar 18 15:55:59 EDT 2009

Hello All,

I just got a contract on my desk for a content strategist for about 3-5
months.  I have included the basic description below.  The company is
located in NYC and I'll be happy to share more details.  Interested parties
please submit a resume with works samples.

Thanks!
Laura

CONTENT STRATEGIST

Job Description

FUNCTION:

The content strategist plans for the creation, publication, and governance
of useful, usable content.

RESPONSIBLITIES:

*	The content strategist will define:

*	Content strategy plan
*	Key themes and messages
*	Recommended topics
*	Content purpose (i.e., how content will bridge the space between
audience needs and business requirements)
*	Content gap analysis
*	Metadata frameworks and related content attributes

*	Identify the type and structure of metadata

*	Search engine optimization (SEO)

*	Editing and organizing the content on a page or across a website

*	Implications of strategic recommendations on content creation,
publication, and governance

*	Define the guidelines by which all online content is governed

*	Write useful, usable content specifically intended for online
publication
*	Possess organization and communication skills needed to maintain
brand integrity and dialogue with users
*	Develop and maintain editorial tone
*	Must work to define not only which content will be published, but
purpose of publishing the content
*	Conduct a detailed audit and analysis of existing and new content
*	Must understand the basics of user experience design, be able to
translate information architecture documentation, write effective metadata,
and manage an ever-changing and growing content inventory

REQUIRED SKILLS:

*	Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
*	Excellent written & verbal skills
*	Ability to create well written and accurate content
*	Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure
environment.
*	Must be a "team player"
*	Pharma / Healthcare experience a plus
*	Experience working with large data sets/content inventories
*	Experience working with a technologist
*	Understanding of software development cycles
*	Understanding of interaction design and information architecture in
regards to content strategy
*	Understanding of content organization and classification

EXPERIENCE:

*	BBA/BBS/BA degree
*	5 years experience as a content strategist

Laura Hunter

Vivid Resources

office-559-684-1070

cell-559-303-9018

fax-310-919-1801

laura.hunter at vividresources.com

www.vividresources.com

 <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/2160.html> What lies behind us and
what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson