[Sigia-l] Job Posting (Information Architect)

Kelley McDonald kmcdonald at navigationarts.com
Wed Jan 21 11:57:34 EST 2009

Hello -

I'm Kelley McDonald, the Director of User Experience at NavigationArts,
a full-service Internet strategy and consulting firm based in McLean,
VA. We currently employ close to 50 professionals and we specialize in
user experience design and information architecture. I'm looking to
immediately hire an Information Architect. I would greatly appreciate it
if you would post the following description on your job board.

Information Architect

Full-time, permanent position

The Information Architect is a vital member of our collaborative user
experience team and must be able to work in our offices in McLean, VA;
therefore we are only interested in candidates in the Washington, D.C.
metro area.

Job duties:

-          Leads user research activities and works closely with Senior
Strategists to develop and communicate web strategies

-          Leads the translation of web strategy into site prototypes
that depict structure, functionality, navigation, and interactivity

-          Develops site content requirements that guide the deployment
of sites using content management systems

-          Helps Project Managers and sales staff scope user experience
engagements

-          Conducts usability assessments and produces usability reports

Job Qualifications:

-          At least five years of related work experience

-          Excellent research and analysis skills

-          Excellent problem-framing and argument-building skills

-          Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to speak
appropriately to a variety of audiences

-          Ability to think creatively about business problems and to
connect research insights to web-based solutions

-          Excellent concept development and design implementation
skills

-          Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously

-          Experience in client management and business development

About NavigationArts

NavigationArts is a full-service Internet strategy and consulting firm
specializing in user experience design and information architecture. We
help companies transform the way they do business by integrating
strategic, creative, and technical disciplines into powerful solutions
that optimize business processes. We differentiate ourselves by our
ability to convert complex information and transactional processes into
highly intuitive user experiences that drive value for our clients.

How to Apply

Please send your resume with links to at least three recent Web projects
and salary requirements to kmcdonald at navigationarts.com.

Kelley McDonald
Director of User Experience

NavigationArts