[Sigia-l] EVENT: PhillyCHI March Meeting: "What Not to Hear" - Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dave Cooksey dave at saturdave.com
Sun Mar 9 10:44:55 EDT 2008

* Apologies for cross posting *

Please join us for our March meeting when Jen Yuan will present “What
Not to Hear: Usability Parallels in Podcasting"

Date: Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Time: 6 - 8PM
* Meet & Greet from 6 - 6:30PM *
Location: Benjamin Franklin Room - Houston Hall
University of Pennsylvania
3417 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Map: http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/mapsBldgs/view_map.php3?id=102
RSVP: Please help us to plan and RSVP at phillychi at gmail.com

About the Presentation
Podcasting has emerged as an important aspect of the Web 2.0 world,
and several usability professionals have shared a tremendous wealth of
information through this new medium. Taking examples from some of
Jared Spool’s podcasts (SpoolCast and Usability Tools Podcast), we’ll
examine how the do’s and don’ts in the primarily visual domain of
usability translate in the auditory podcasting arena. We’ll also
examine what makes an audio file qualify as a podcast, as well as how
to subscribe to valuable content for little effort and no cost.

About the Speaker
Jennifer Yuan was part of the organizing team for the inaugural
PodCamp Philly podcasting conference, and has been a repeat presenter
at PodCamp conferences in the Northeast. She works as an IT
Communications Analyst for the Information Systems and Computing (ISC)
office at Penn, where she helps to design more usable websites and web
application interfaces for clients across the University.