[Sigia-l] Automatic personaliztion of the look-and-feel

Juan Ruiz Juan.Ruiz at hyro.com
Sun Mar 2 19:06:28 EST 2008

Hi Andres,

>From my experience working in this field in Australia, here is what I can contribute

>>>- What is your opinion of the ability to personalize the interface in such a way?
For this type of forms, which has a pre-determined goal, the customization of forms might not add much benefit to it. The simplicity and efficiency of the form, in the other hand, will improve the user experience.

>From various usability studies, when system responds with major visual changes (in your example, with the visual design), users tend to try different combinations to see what other designs the site will offer. This behavior is based on curiosity rather than need.

This sort of feature will display the technical capabilities of the company rather than the brand perception / segment alignment

I would focus on the usability and efficiency of the form. Remove questions that are not necessary, and have the system autocomplete or suggest possible answers.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
-Juan Ruiz