[Sigia-l] IxDA Announces Interaction|09

David Malouf dave.ixd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:48:03 EDT 2008

IxDA Announces Interaction|09 with Simon Fraser University, Vancouver,
B.C. February 5-8, 2009

The Interaction Design Association (IxDA) is pleased to announce
Interaction|09, to be held February 5-8, 2009 in conjunction with
Simon Fraser University's School of Interactive Arts + Technology, and
the Faculty of Business, located in lovely Vancouver, B.C. Mark your
calendars now for what promises to be another exciting and informative
conference centered around the design of interactive systems of all
types, from web and desktop applications, to mobile devices, consumer
electronics, digitally-enhanced environments, and more. This will be
our growing community's second annual opportunity to gather with
several hundred other Interaction Design professionals from around the
world.

Building on the successful format of Interaction 08 at the Savannah
College of Art and Design, Interaction 09 will span four days, with
two and a half main conference days preceded by 1 ½ days of pre-
conference workshops and activities. Thursday will be devoted to a
diverse and valuable series of professional workshops. Friday will be
a busy and exciting day, with tours, additional workshops and
opportunities to explore SFU, its surrounding community and Vancouver,
along with leadership and organizing activities in the morning. The
conference will open Friday afternoon, with a welcoming reception that
evening.

Saturday and Sunday will be packed with inspirational and tactical
sessions geared at anyone who practices Interaction Design. We look
forward to Interaction 09 continuing to build on the quality of
experience and community camaraderie we shared this year in Savannah.

In addition to invited speakers, we will be welcoming speaking
proposals for sessions on Saturday and Sunday. Stay tuned for that and
other exciting announcements.

Are you interested in becoming a much-appreciated sponsor for
Interaction 09? Contact sponsorships at ixda.org. This is a great
opportunity to support the IxDA community!

For more on Simon Fraser University School of Interactive Arts +
Technology, visit http://www.siat.sfu.ca/

About IxDA: http://ixda.org

Founded in 2003, the Interaction Design Association (IxDA) is a
member- supported organization committed to serving the needs of the
international interaction design community. With the help of thousands
of members worldwide, we provide a forum for the discussion of
interaction design issues.

IxDA's mission includes evangelism of our field, innovation in our
discipline, professionalism in our standards of practice, support for
interaction design education in academic programs, and community
building for our growing global community of interaction design
professionals.

IxDA Discussion Forums: http://ixda.org/discuss.php

David Malouf
http://synapticburn.com/