[Sigia-l] Tag separators in text fields - standardise please

Louise Hewitt louise at semantico.com
Thu Jul 31 04:43:43 EDT 2008

On 30 Jul 2008, at 22:48, Paola Kathuria wrote:

> If, for example, 80% of the tags on Flickr are single word,
> why should I be forced to separate with a comma for the
> unlikely event that I might want to tag with a phrase?
>
> I just analysed my Flickr tags and, guess what, 79% of
> my tags added to my photos are single words.

Hmm, statistics, statistics.

How about if it was easier  to enter phrases or multiple word tags?

Are these percentages a result of user preference or user difficulty?

I wonder...

Lou.

Louise Hewitt
Head of User Experience

Semantico, Floor 1, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton, BN1 3FE
t: +44 1273 358211
f: +44 1273 723232
e: louise at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com