[Sigia-l] Online Video Learnings

Tom Donehower tdonehower at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:09:52 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm in the process of recommending the use of online video for a pharma
client of mine and was wondering if anyone has any learnings they can share.
Specifially, I'm looking for:

1. What do you wish you had known or done prior to implementing online
video?
2.  What factors into the decision for format? I see a lot of sites using
Flash, but was wondering if anyone could share any insight into the pros and
cons of the various formats and players available.
3. What are the advantages/disadvantages of streaming video vs.
downloading?
4. Examples of great user experiences with online video beyond YouTube.

Please respond directly to me and I'll summarize for the list.

-Tom