[Sigia-l] recommendation needed for screen recording software

Ruth Kaufman ruth.kaufman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:15:02 EST 2008

Greetings. My team is looking for software to do screen recording of
someone navigating a site. We're producing a pretty straightforward
animated presentation/demo of the site we're releasing to our client's
executive sponsor. We have identified a few options, and I'm just
wondering if anyone has any recommendations based on experiences. We
have pretty simple requirements -- to just capture the motion of
someone navigating the site. It would be great if we could also
capture sound and annotate the video, but those things can also be
accomplished "post-production".

The packages we found so far are:
adobe captivate
camtasia studio
camstudio
iquick

Thanks in advance for your insights and recommendations.

Ruth