[Sigia-l] Restaurant websites

Karuna Venter karuna at karunaventer.com
Tue Feb 19 18:00:05 EST 2008

Hey Eric,

I agree, they are almost always horrendous.  The only restaurant website
I've ever found at all usable is this very simple site for one of my
favorite Hollywood joints, Lou on Vine:

http://www.louonvine.com

It looks suspiciously blogger-esque, but I like it anyway.  He's not letting
the desire to Be A Brand undermine the usability of the site, which in turn
really helps communicate his brand.  Funny how that can work.

That said, there are no online bells and whistles - no reservation systems
(any I've seen have been horrifying, no good examples to share, sorry) to be
found.  Hopefully this helps in some way, anyway.

Karuna Venter, UX Strategist