[Sigia-l] Restaurant websites

W Evans wkevans4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:35:43 EST 2008

Hmmmm -

No9 Park (Boston):
http://www.no9park.com/index.php

Nice - clean - multiple restaurants - they link for reservations to open
table.

For what NOT to do (Will's Paris Hilton Award for Vapid Web Design):
Per Se in NY. I love this restaurant. Love it. Heaven. Web site S*&ks.
Example: Click on Menu&Stories.
 There are no menus. Hmmm.
 This actually matters because some great places have a menu that is 90%
shellfish - and for those of us that have dietary restrictions on shellfish
- well - just not very informative. Pretty - nice design - but essentially
Paris Hilton of web design. All flash, no brains or substance.

On Feb 19, 2008 12:02 PM, Everett, Andy <EveretA at wsdot.wa.gov> wrote:

> Todd,
>
>   This is about as upscale as it get in my hometown of Chicago,
> http://www.charlietrotters.com/ or http://www.everestrestaurant.com/
>
>    Both are definitely out of my price range so I haven't had the
> pleasure.
>

> Andy Everett
> Data Catalog Administrator
> Namespace Coordinator
> Office of Information Technology
> Washington State Department of Transportation
> Phone: 360-705-7622
> Fax:360-705-6817
> PO Box 47430
> Tumwater, WA 98501-6504

~ will

"No matter how beautiful,
no matter how cool your interface,
it would be better if there were less of it."
Alan Cooper
-
"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"
will evans
user experience architect
wkevans4 at gmail.com