[Sigia-l] Online display of art collections

mmisner at nypl.org mmisner at nypl.org
Tue Feb 19 09:44:21 EST 2008

We are currently testing Omeka, a product in private beta, to develop the
library's exhibitions.  Omeka uses the Dublin Core metadata structure.
http://omeka.org/

A little more about the project:
http://labs.nypl.org/labs-projects/exhibits/

Art museums are involved in a social tagging experiment:
http://www.steve.museum/

The Indianapolis Museum of Art displays tags added by visitors.  Here is
an example: http://www.imamuseum.org/explore/artwork/493?highlight=196

Hope this is useful,
Michelle