[Sigia-l] User Groups for Research?

Jonathan Baker-Bates jonathan at bakerbates.com
Sat Apr 26 05:25:41 EDT 2008

> Because I work mostly in government, there are a lot of
> inter-organisational political sensitivities to deal with.

Interesting - I'd not considered the internecine side, although as I'm
in a commercial context, the people in question would be outside of the
organisation. That said, there is a group who are (for want of a better
description) "interested parties" - enthusiasts of one kind or another
or those working in the industry at large. There is the obvious issue of
giving away "trade secrets" to competitors, but I think that's
over-rated. Involving such people may indeed have advantages beyond
simply informing designs. Hmmm. Intrigue...!

Jonathan