[Sigia-l] Apple's Profit Margins (was: Mac-like design)

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 24 05:07:58 EDT 2007

Manu Sharma:

> True, the Nokias and the Motos are probably selling 10 or 20 times
> as many phones but it's a safe bet that Apple's making at least 50
> times on each iPhone. If not more.

Yes, but they make it up in volume. :-)

> iPhone's $200 Price Cut = $2 Billion Customer Handout
> http://tinyurl.com/29nryw

"It takes courage to give away $2 billion."

So are you saying pricing is design? :-)

I'm a sucker for complex (and even convoluted) plot-driven TV shows, like
millions of other addicts. For my money though, nothing remotely compares to
Apple's ability to strategize entry into new markets, intro of new products,
management of capital, component prices, inventory, etc. It really is the
best show on earth you get to watch pretty much in weekly episodes. What a
bargain!

It depends.
If it didn't, you'd be out of a job.