[Sigia-l] [PLUG] CanUX, the Canadian User Experience Workshop - early reg. deadline Sept. 28

Jess McMullin mcmullin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:25:00 EDT 2007

Hi SIG-IA,

The early registration deadline for CanUX, the annual Canadian User
Experience Workshop, is approaching on Sept 28th. The event itself starts
Sunday November 25 and wraps on Tuesday the 27th in Banff, Alberta, Canada.

CanUX brings together industry leaders, hands-on activities, and working
design and technology professionals, but it's not your typical conference.
It's small (limited to 70 participants), it's in a beautiful retreat-like
setting at the world-renowned Banff Centre, and the program is designed to
encourage creativity, exploration and group participation alongside hands-on
UX learning.

I'm delighted to announce that David Armano has confirmed as our closing
keynote, joining Lou Rosenfeld as our opening keynote and other provoking
and informative sessions from:

* Brad Nemer, Motorola
* Kes and Sue Sampanthar, Metamemes
* Derek Featherstone, FurtherAhead
* Gene Smith, nForm
* The Banff Leadership Arts Ensemble will also share their extraordinary
blend of leadership and creativity development (their sessions have been a
highlight of previous years).

The TechSmith Morae team will be joining us - you can see early prototypes
of upcoming features and even participate in usability testing. We'll also
have time for a Design Slam and Show and Tell session (so gear up to bring
your own deliverables to show off).

Topics this year include the strategic value of user experience, innovation
beyond brainstorming, creativity, teamwork and leadership, accessible user
experience design, tagging, rapid facilitation, and reframing situations to
make true innovation possible.

Early registration has been extended through September 28. The all-inclusive
registration includes two nights of accommodation, meals, and the conference
fee for only $699+GST for a single, $599+GST for double accommodation. After
September 28, costs are $899 and $799, so register soon to secure your spot.
Pricing is in Canadian funds.

Details and registration at www.canux2007.com

You can get a $50+GST discount with the promo code CNXLST

If you have any questions, please let me know. Hope to see you in Banff in
November.

Best,

Jess

p.s. For those of you wondering how to pronounce CanUX - think Canucks. It's
the *Canadian* UX workshop, eh ;-)

Jess McMullin
Principal, nForm User Experience

office: 1.800.670.7025