[Sigia-l] Pink, revisited

Will Parker wparker at channelingdesign.com
Fri Sep 14 15:07:45 EDT 2007

On Sep 14, 2007, at 2:30 AM, James Aylett wrote:

> Interesting. Pink is a fairly popular colour in the UK for men's
> formal shirts. All of our account managers and account directors have
> a tendency to it, for instance. (Again, they could be accused of being
> design-related, and hence less than men ;-)
>
> Any locales or cultures (banking, for instance) that don't do this? I
> don't get to meet Big City people in work clothes that often :)

Pink business shirts are fairly popular here in the US, almost
exclusively among the non-technical managerial or wannabe-managerial
crowd. (Their words are unimportant, and we do not hear them.)

I believe a survey would find that most people consider pink business
shirts on males as a sign that the wearer may also own a wide-lapel
green polyester leisure suit.

-Will

Will Parker