[Sigia-l] Pink, revisited

James Aylett james at tartarus.org
Fri Sep 14 05:30:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 09:18:41PM +0100, Paola Kathuria wrote:

> My very boyish 7yr old neighbour, rides his bike and
> plays football, says that his favourite colour is pink.
> I see his 13yr old brother scoff when he hears this
> and I am sure that once the younger brother gets a bit
> older, peer pressure will switch him to blue because
> boys are, ultimately, seen as superior.

Interesting. Pink is a fairly popular colour in the UK for men's
formal shirts. All of our account managers and account directors have
a tendency to it, for instance. (Again, they could be accused of being
design-related, and hence less than men ;-)

Any locales or cultures (banking, for instance) that don't do this? I
don't get to meet Big City people in work clothes that often :)

James