[Sigia-l] Pink, revisited

Brett Taylor btaylor at roundarch.com
Thu Sep 13 11:59:32 EDT 2007

No,

The association with the triangle only was a way for a group of people
to identify with persecution of a culture. When most talk about the
holocaust we immediately remember the Jewish people, as we should so
many were killed, the pink triangle and the gays is a way for pay people
to say "hey Hitler didn't only seek out and kill Jews"; Jews wore yellow
stars, gays wore pink triangles.

I can't say why Hitler chose the pink triangle, I must of slept through
that in my gay history class, but maybe in Germany it was a secret
identifier for gay men to wear like the red carnation was for men in
other countries.

brett taylor + R O U N D A R C H + bus 312.529.2502 + mob 773.844.5233 +
web www.roundarch.com