[Sigia-l] Pink, revisited

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 13 06:15:21 EDT 2007

James Aylett:

> I have a green shuffle

About half a dozen people emailed me regarding their green iPods. OK, but
they are all generally in the design business. Surely not a manly biz. :-)
No pink iPods yet!

I admit I'm a bit obsessed about product colors. I wonder, for example, if
women who'd normally like a pink iPod change their preference during
pregnancy. Or do men who simply like pink as a color (the hue, not the
associations, if that were possible) buy pink iPods or shy from doing it
because of its societal implications? Or if a consumer grade product can
only have 4-5 colors, is pink always one of those?

It depends.
If it didn't, you'd be out of a job.