[Sigia-l] Classifying the internet

Jonathan Baker-Bates Jonathan.Baker-Bates at lbi.com
Fri Oct 12 11:59:49 EDT 2007

> Still, I'm kinda of amazed that there hasn't been a formal
> effort to classify website types (unlike say, dmoz, which are
> more topic based). I was hoping to do a mapping for
> functionality to type, and didn't think I'd have to do the
> work of defining the internet. hmmmm....

I'm unclear what understanding would come out of such an activity, but
I'd love you to do it none the less.

Incidentally, is the "site types" section in the Welie pattern library
relevant to your question (see bottom of page)?

http://www.welie.com/patterns/

Notable by its absence here is of course "pr0n site" - but I understand
Martijn would have a hard time convincing his sponsors to include that
one. Another failing of the ontological approach :-)

Jonathan