[Sigia-l] Classifying the internet

Fred Leise fred.leise at intuitect.com
Thu Oct 11 13:59:25 EDT 2007

Christina,

I've always talked about three kinds of websites:
    1. Vanity websites, e.g., tiffany.com, designed to make you feel
good about a brand, product, etc.
    2. Information websites, e.g., webmd.com, designed to provide
information about a specific topic or that allows people to share
information, includes search engines
    3. E-commerce sites, designed to sell things

Fred

Fred Leise
Chief Operating Officer
Intuitect