[Sigia-l] Site to Store - Ship to store

Kinjal kinju_3 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:54:32 EDT 2007

I was wondering if there is any research -article etc... on Ship to Store or site to store option provided my many compmanies these days. Since more and more brick & mortar companies have started to include site to store or shop online and receive from store option(like linen n things, circuitcity, radio shack and walmart.com recently started), they are going to gain a lot by this new shopping experience. Since:
It saves buyer the time and they can select item, get online deal and not pay for shipping
Buyer can also check the product in store.
There is a chance of returning the product right away if needed.
And to companies once buyer comes to store they might buy couple of more items.
Are we going to see more and more companies adding such feature to their sites??? Is it really helpful to the company and the buyer??

Regards
Kinjal

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!