[Sigia-l] IA or UXA? Which do you prefer?

David Shaw david.shaw6 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:43:38 EDT 2007

I think what I'm reading in this thread is what do we call ourselves
in two different situations.  The first being what we refer to
ourselves in our respective professional situations.  Second, what we
call ourselves to outsiders who are not a part of our professional
circle.

While I agree that our discipline is rooted in design, I do think that
the UX Architect term is a good term to use for the CXO's as well as
family and friends.  The term architect is known by many people, and
has a certain understanding... designing something, then creating the
"blueprints" for building it.  At least for me, that's exactly what I
do on a day to day basis... creating specs and blueprints to build the
user experience (hence fitting in well with "Architecture").

Our job titles really only matter when we speak to people outside our
field, or are in the process of getting a job.  That's how I see it
anyway.

David

w: http://www.davidshaw.info