[Sigia-l] IA Summit 2008 ??? Call for Papers Deadline Reminder

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Mon Oct 1 12:02:09 EDT 2007

> the submission deadline for the 2008 IA Summit in Miami is
> October 31st.

Except for research papers.

These are due November 30th.

Details: http://www.iasummit.org/2008/call_research.html

Anyone can submit a research paper: practitioners, students,
academic researchers...anyone. Last year we received papers from all
three categories. Also, we had submissions from six different
countries: Canada, Germany, Italy, Korea, South Africa, and the
United States.

You need to submit a complete paper (not just an abstract), which
will undergo a blind peer-review process. So the requirements are
steeper, which is a big reason for the later submission date.

In sum, the research track is:

 - open to everyone
 - academic-style review process
 - submission deadline is Nov. 30

PS. Grant Campbell is chairing the research track this year. I ran t
    last year and thought I'd do my little RA!RA! for the research
    track.

--
Karl Fast
http://www.livingskies.com/