[Sigia-l] EVENT REMINDER: NYC IxDA - The 7-Minute IxD Soapbox (a.k.a. Pecha Kucha) - Tue, 11/13

MJ Broadbent mj at mjbroadbent.com
Thu Nov 8 07:05:44 EST 2007

REMINDER to RSVP
~ ONLY TWO PRESENTER SPOTS LEFT! ~

IxDA New York is pleased to invite you to:

The 7-Minute IxD Soapbox (a.k.a. Pecha Kucha)
Tuesday, November 13th at 6:30pm
Location provided on RSVP - send mail to nyc-rsvp (at) ixda (dot) org.

At this fast-paced event, we're giving seven people a chance to share
their ideas — for just seven minutes each. The only rule is that topic
must relate to interaction design. Of course, if you simply prefer to
take it all in, you're welcome to participate as an audience member.

TOPICS
Anything goes, as long as it's related to interaction design or user
experience. Present some of your work; talk about a design problem
you're facing; rant about a device you don't like; effuse about your
favorite product; share some results from a usability test; question
the value of market research in product development; relate an
experience with redesigning a product. If you don't want to soapbox
alone pair up with a friend or colleague. Heck, you could even do a
parody of your favorite IxD guru, if you're so inclined! If it's
something you're interested in, chances are very high we're interested
too.

GOAL
To connect people in our diverse and powerful community who are
interested in having their interaction design neurons stimulated. This
event will be an extraordinary grab-bag of local voices. Practice your
speaking and presenting skills! Spark some debate! Make new friends
and enemies! Gain new insights!

FORMAT
Speakers may use presentation slides, show off short multimedia,
demonstrate something online, or just shoot from the hip. Just make
sure it's 7 minutes and no longer. After the seven soaps, we'll hold
Q&A and/or discussion. Caveat: Nomenclature debates about our roles
and what we call ourselves as practitioners (IA, UX, IxD, HCI, CHI,
UCD, etc.) will be reserved for anyone wishing to go to the nearest
pub *after* the event.

RSVP
If you'd like to present or attend, please send email nyc-rsvp (at)
ixda (dot) org.

Only 7 slots are available for the soapbox; they will be allocated on
a first-come, first-served basis. RSVP today!

Like the idea, want to present, and trolling for inspiration? Check
out these links:

* http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/discuss-interactiondesigners.com/
2007-July/018114.html
* http://www.pecha-kucha.org